I am a Kansas Jayhawk fan. A big fan. Since moving up to Chicago - I have had some trouble with the fact that I cannot watch every single basketball game, and that I cannot hop in the car for a quick drive to Lawrence for a football game. But I have learned to deal with it. There are bars and taverns in this city to house the alums that want to watch games. Wednesday night I recruited my Kansas alum coworker/assistant to go to the nearest "Kansas" bar to watch our team play the hated K-State Wildcats.
And mannn... it sure did suck. The Jayhawks lost.
The only upside to my evening last night is the new state wide smoking ban. Illinois went smoke free earlier this month, and I was very happy in the fact that my coat did not smell like a dirty ashtray, the potential smoke stentch from my hair did not require any pillowcase washing, and my lungs were healthy this morning. It's the bright side of watching a loss I guess.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please Click Here
Places To Go
Sites to See
Artists To Browse
Remembering Our Keela
1 comment:
Oh bummer on the smoking ban! I'm not coming to Chicago now. J/k!
Post a Comment