Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend of Three Again

It is nice to have Eric back. He was in Jacksonville, Florida last week/weekend for six days, and he got back last Tuesday. I was lucky enough to have MLK Day off - but it was a whopping 6 degrees last weekend - so I stayed indoors. It was like the old days in Prairie Village for Keela and I, but we were soon over it and missed Eric.

This past weekend was so nice and mellow for both of us - watched some movies and golf, ran errands, and had a great night Saturday celebrating the Mr's birthday with fabulous sushi and great wine. Here is one of our faves:


For the past several weeks, Eric has been meeting with a board of directors for a local theatre group. He's wanted to get involved in the community - and a friend of a friend is recruiting him to help out with this group called the Pegasus Players. As Eric puts it, "I know absolutely nothing about theatre," he would be a great member of the board for fundraising due to his business contacts. Friday night ,we welcomed some "culture" into our lives by going to their latest show - The 22nd Annual Chicago Young Playwrights Festival, which takes applications from Chicago area high school students, and picks four scripts to turn into a full blown, professional play. These kids are amazing writers - three out of the four plays dealt with some serious issues (slavery, abusive father, and Shakespeare) and the results were of high quality work. He looks forward to helping out while I'm excited for the next show!

No comments:

Remembering Our Keela

Remembering Our Keela