Monday, August 20, 2007

Random Randy Romanique Items....

The movies filmed in Chicago right now are out of control. In June, John Cusak and Tim Robbins were in the city filming a movie. Christian Bale is back in the next "Batman" movie filming here, while Angelina Jolie is all around town in "Wanted." I was out with some neighbor friends Thursday night and we were discussing the amount of cash that goes into making movies. All around the streets near my office, there are HUGE cranes holding tons of lights, semi tractor trailers w/ tons of equipment for the sets, tents for all the food service, etc. Then you think about the amount of man power that goes behind all that - plus the extra security personal, the traffic cops that close down the city streets, etc. This gal from Kansas had never thought about it and had no idea until seeing it firsthand.




Friday at lunch I sat outside with a friend by the Chicago River, watching the Chicago Air and Water Show planes practice over Lake Michigan. And I had a realization - it's been one year since we moved into our new home!! I remembered last year hearing the planes zoom by while I was unpacking boxes on our deck. This past year has completely flown by - no pun intended :)Anyhow the planes fly so low, and are going so fast, and are sooooooo loud that I definitely want to check out the show on Sunday. But I have heard it's a total mess of people, over one million pack the lakefront, so we'll see. I wish we could get on the roof of our building because that would be a great view and great pics.



UPDATE: The Air and Water Show was cancelled to the rain yesterday. And I mean it rained all day on Sunday. But here is a cool pic from the Chicago Tribune.



No comments:

Remembering Our Keela

Remembering Our Keela