I have a friend at work that was diagnosed with breast cancer about 6 weeks ago. She is only a year older than me - crazy how it can affect anyone of any age - but my coworkers have organized a Breast Cancer walk in October where we will raise money again for Komen Foundation, where I plan on participating.
As I'm zoning out at work on Monday, thinking about life and a good cause I can lend my spare time to, Eric calls and said he's gotten into a wreck - an old lady tagged the side of our car. He's fine - he's been to the dr. and just really sore - but it made realize how quickly life can throw you a curveball. Thank god his phone call wasn't terrible, but it just reinforced that I'm so grateful for the love, friendship, family and people around me. Days go by very quickly sometimes where things are taken for granted, and I am going to work on not letting those days happen. So go kiss your dog, baby or significant other right now :) I'll be posting my charity endeavors and adventures after I do some research on Chicago programs of interest.
"Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will." - Jawaharlal Nehru
No comments:
Post a Comment