Eric and I woke up last Sunday morning with a full day of no plans. So I gave Eric the "job" of coming up with an idea and he delivered a fabulous day. We hopped in the "Cruiser" and drove north (it's an awful ride - talk about bumpy). We went along the lake shore, through Loyola University campus, and continued to Evanston suburb and Northwestern University - which has a gorgeous campus. All along our drive, we passed miles and miles of ridiculously huge homes, over and over again. Such a beautiful place to live - on the lake, mature trees, and fancy pants houses!! We stopped for an outdoor lunch on this quaint village street. I felt like I was in the movie Pleasantville. We continued north until we arrived at the Chicago Botanical Gardens - right up my "obsession with plants" alley! The weather was perfect - not a cloud in the sky and a cool 77 degrees! The pics aren't the best since we arrived mid afternoon so things look a bit washed out, but the 23 different gardens are so pretty spread out around 350 acres. A+ for Eric!!
Willows
Vegetation Garden
One of the many water fountains
Crane
No comments:
Post a Comment