Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chris Lane's Idea

Back in November during the weeks after my old company announced that the ship was going to go down, but before the actual drowning, Chris was asking what I would do at work since there was no biz transactions happening. It was mind-numbingly boring looking for jobs from 8am to 5pm. He asked, well why aren't you blogging more? Uhhh.... well I never had an answer.

And I still don't, considering things are pretty much the same. My "looking for jobs hours" have shrunk a tad... more like 9ish to 4ish. I will say that the television does not come on at all during those hours to stay on task. So during my latest "can't sleep" episode, which came this AM at 4, I decided that I will indeed throw my thoughts and rants online for Chris, and everyone else to read.





Today's blog entry of a Stir Crazy Woman


I cannot sleep these days. My mind races when I try to go to bed, races when I wake up in the middle of the night or early morning, and then I can't go back to sleep. So today's 4am wake-up isn't unusual. So what to do? Today I was thinking, well the gym is open 24 hours, lets get the workout out of the way early. I clicked on the tellie to check out the temperature. IT IS 2 DEGREES. WIND CHILL IS - 15. I almost cried. I cannot take the cold anymore. It's crippling. Not just physically but mentally too. The high today will be 13, and the wind chill will not be above Zero, said the tellie. The cold kills all motivation to go outside. It's hard enough when there is a routine, but one deals with it. And with no car, no disposable cash for non-budget-ary items to start up new hobbies, no outlet to get rid of the constant brain racing in the noggin, I officially am going stir crazy in our home.



So I'm asking a serious question to all - who wants to sling drinks on a beach? Anyone? Giving up the American rat race sounds fabulous. Obviously I've watched too many HGTV House Hunters International.


3 comments:

Cassie said...

I'll ditch the rat race with you. Spring is just around the corner! Stay positive.

Lisa said...

I'm totally in. I can raise a bi-lingual baby.

Emily and Eric said...

Seriously - I watch those H.H. International shows and 1/2 are families, wanting their kids to be more well-rounded individuals when they grow up. I think it's pretty cool.

Remembering Our Keela

Remembering Our Keela