Thursday, January 28, 2010

You Stay Classy, San Diego




Eric had a work trip to San Diego last week, so I met him out there on Thursday night to celebrate the big "35" year of birth.  Cassie and Chris decided they needed to vacate the Kansas cold and fog, so they met us too.  And then our fun friend Andi from Phoenix happened to visiting the same weekend for a work event.  Plus Eric has a buddy from high school and a buddy from college that live there, so it turned out to be a fun filled grand ole weekend!



Ron Burgundy:  "Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vajayjay."  

(I'll keep it PG-13 - This is a hike in Torrey Pines State Reserve, next to the fancy golf course.)




Brian Fantana: [seriously] "I'm telling you, this lady has really crawled into Ron's head."

Brick Tamland: [breaks out laughing] "That's a good one."
 

(At the La Costa resort, in Carlsbad, north of San Diego.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ron Burgundy: "You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair."
 
(Night out in the Gaslamp Quarter)
 
 
 
 
 
Ron Burgundy: "We are laughing and we are very good friends. Good buddies sharing a special moment... "

Brian Fantana: "Don't say anything Ron and just let it happen."

Ron Burgundy: "...laughing and enjoying our friendship, and someday we'll look back on this with much fondness."

Brian Fantana: "Yeah, yeah."
 
(At the Boardwalk Bar and Grill, a certified KU Jayhawks bar in Mission Beach.  Look at the petite Jayhawks painted on the wall behind us... precious.) 
 
 
 
 
 
Ron Burgundy: "Sweet Lincoln's mullet."    (It was really really really windy.)
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
Ron Burgundy: [signing off] "You stay classy, Planet Earth."
 
 
 
 
 

Champ Kind:  "Champ here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY! As in Gene Tenace at the plate... iiittt WHAMMY! WHAMMY!"

(Brian, Andrew and the b-day boy)





Spanish Anchor: "Como estan, beetches?"










Ron Burgundy: [to Veronica] "It's all right, my sweet chinchilla."

(More Torrey Pines hiking)






Brian Fantana: "So the team pancake breakfast is tomorrow morning at nine, instead of eight."


Ron Burgundy: "Oop... I almost forgot. I won't be able to make it fellas. Veronica and I trying this new fad called uh, jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. it might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild."

(Cass, Andi, Emily and Lynne - Andi's BFF from high school -  all of us donking it up)





Ron Burgundy: "You dirtbags have been in third place for five years."
Frank Vitchard: "Oh yeah? Well, you're about to be in... dead place."


(I thought these crazy birds were going to snatch us up in their beaks and to have for dinna....)





Ron Burgundy: [riding unicorns through cartoon Pleasure Town] "Look, the most glorious rainbow ever!"




(Chris, playing with the kelp, and calling for all unicorns.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for putting up with my Anchorman movie quotes.  I am a dork.
 

No comments:

Remembering Our Keela

Remembering Our Keela