Wednesday, July 29, 2009

On the Way to Upstate NY

We left Chicago late afternoon and headed to Detroit, where we crossed the river over to Windsor, Canada to rest our heads on a Caesar's Casino pillow! The casino was very nice, and the whole downtown area of Windsor is really pretty - flowers everywhere, nice and neat, etc. We wandered around the gaming area, but really didn't gamble.... although I gambled with getting my mouth taped shut by Eric because I kept trying to sing the Canadian national anthem with my own words. Heehee.

Looking over to Detroit



So we continued our drive though Canada to Niagara Falls, and back into the US. It wasn't a truly exciting drive, but I think we passed the most golf courses over in a 4 hour stint. SERIOUSLY. GOLF EVERYWHERE. There was even a Ward Golf Course. I was too slow with the camera to capture that. It was cool though as we got to the shore of Lake Ontario to head southeast to Niagara, you could see the skyline of Toronto across the lake.



Some other highlights of our Canadian stint:

  • The toilet paper is great. The restroom I used did not have rolls, but folded pieces of toilet paper. Much easier to use and distribute. I'm it's #1 Fan.


  • Realized that Eric has a obsession with Tim Horton's. It's a chain of fresh coffee, baked goods, and fresh lunches. He was a hockey player back in the day, and started these stores all over Canada, back in the 60's I think, now with locations around the East Coast too. Anywho - I know what someone will be getting in his Christmas stocking..... geez.


Above is Downtown Niagara Falls, Canada. I'm fighting with Blogger about uploading pics so I'll post the rest of the Falls gorgeousness in another post.






No comments:

Remembering Our Keela

Remembering Our Keela