Thursday, February 21, 2008

Maybe the 3rd Time will be a Charm...

I was introduced to the band Wilco back in 2001, and have been a big fan ever since. I have never seen them in concert until this past fall. I bought tickets for Eric and I to rock out to their music at the outdoor, downtown amphitheatre last September, but he had to go out of town for work. So the band announced in December that they were doing a five night "Winter Residency" at a small venue right near our place, so I bought the only two tickets I could get my paws on.... and of course, he had to go out of town again for work.




So I grabbed my friend Amy for Tuesday night shananigans, and it turned out to be one of the best concerts I've been to in a long time. It was night #4 of their 5 shows. I heard through the music grapvine that the band planned on playing their entire catalog of songs over the course of 5 nights. Well they saved my personal favorites for my night. Holy cow we had fun and am so glad to have witnessed such a great concert. And I ran into an old ATO/ KU alum - small world!! Hopefully next time, Eric.....

No comments:

Remembering Our Keela

Remembering Our Keela