(photo courtesy of marinemarathon.com)
Eric and I are running a marathon in October in Washington DC. I've always wanted to run one, and now's the time. It is crazy to think about running 26.2 miles, but more important than me "wanting to do this" is the fact that we're running to raise money for cancer research. Specifically Eric's type of cancer. The type that we found out he had one year ago today. Carcinoid cancer can not only show up in the lungs like Eric's, but more commonly in the torso area. While researching and reading about this cancer, there are many people that must have further treatment than surgery, or can't have surgery at all to battle the disease. Eric was a lucky one. We are running for those that aren't as lucky.
I will be setting up a fundraising page soon, and will link it to this blog, so please feel free to join us in the fight against carcinoid cancer.

No comments:
Post a Comment