Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wanna Meet?

Some days I feel my age. When I was in 7th grade, I used to babysit for my parents’ friend’s kids. Now I’m Facebook friends with one of them, Carly, and now she’s grown up and beautiful and married. Umm where did the time go? Wow. Anyhow we chat about photography because we are both into it, and she introduced me to this wonderful world through Meetup.com.




Check it out. You can join any group you are interested in, spanning across all sorts of hobbies and topics, to connect with others of the same interest. I joined Chicago Digital Photography group (about 2800 members) and they have meet ups to take photos of events, such as the Polar Bear Plunge in Lake Michigan next weekend, along with the Spring Flower Show at the Lincoln Park Conservatory. They also have meetings, workshops, seminars, all to become better photographers through education and experience.



I did a meet up last Saturday night downtown to take photos of fireworks. I’m glad I went even though there was not much interaction between the photographers before hand. People submit their photos online for sharing and critique, and I was blown away by the talent and technique. Even though I already knew this, I have a LOT to learn.






 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Remembering Our Keela

Remembering Our Keela