We thought we were moving to another city. And now we’re not.
We really thought it was going to happen. So much so that we were doing the same strategy as when we moved up here. We had a list to accomplish in the condo before staging it, started looking at single family homes online (sigh… someday that dream will come true), and had the specifics of the relocation package from HR division. I had my list of fun "to do" before we move, where I even posted about going to the Art Institute.
And now we’re not.
And right when we found out it was a no go, one of those Forbes lists came out listing Chicago as one of the most miserable cities in America. It was based on several factors; unemployment (I do know about that), crime (yep – car was broken into), taxes (sad when we shop outside of Cook County to save money and cry when we open our property tax bill), weather and corruption and commute time. Miserable? Check, check and check.
I was really ready for a fresh start, as was Eric. We have had some great times here, but also some of the worst things in our lives have happened here. Not that Chicago had anything to do with it, but there is a bitter taste. Chicago is a fun city, but hard to live here sometimes. We were excited about a change, and ready to have a better quality of life.
As I digested and worked through our disappointment, I vowed to have a better attitude about this windy city. While we can’t change our taxes, we can attempt to do different things for the better for this family of two. While we can’t change the weather, we can layer on even more clothes and go outside. So see ya miserable. Spring is coming. New careers. New attitude. New things are a happenin’.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please Click Here
Places To Go
Sites to See
Artists To Browse
Remembering Our Keela

No comments:
Post a Comment