Earlier this summer, a group of us were waiting out a rainstorm at a bar after a Cubs game, discussing how back in the day, people were always dressed up to the nines, and drank some interesting cocktails. So the idea was born for a Fancy Drink Party!
Eric played the perfect part with his fancy tails, but I had some trouble finding a dress, so I snatched up this hot mess of a $16 deal, a fancy 80's getup. We co-hosted the party with several friends and had a hoot. I am still laughing at the outfits. Some of the drinks were Harvey Wallbangers, Vodka Daisy's, Old Fashioneds, and of course martinis, plus many o' fancy appetizers. After the Pubz in the Hood pub crawl and our Fancy Drink party, time to come up with more ideas to get us through the Chicago winter. We love suggestions :)
Fancy 70's Layney and Fancy 40's Ellen. Layney's big hair clip was a hit later on. Ellen's gloves and hat were the best.
50's couple Cori and Andy
Fancy bra strap huh?
Fancy 70's couple Matt and Layney
Fancy glasses darling!
Love the monocle!!
Mr. Party Idea Matt Noonan. His fancy moustache did not stay on.
Neighbor David with Matt
Someone was hungry..... seriously....
And I'm not allowed to use the word "fancy" anymore.
3 comments:
Wish we were there...looks "fancy" as you would say Emily. Eric looks like either the guy from Monopoly or that Sir Topham Hat guy from Thomas the Train. As for you Emily -- you're right where it's happenin' -- the 80's are back, you know...
So great - love the monacle!
I love your dress!
Post a Comment