
Today is a important day for Eric and his family since they are Irish. We started the celebration on Saturday, a big day in Chicago with the downtown parade and the dying of the river. We missed out on both chilly outdoor events, due to our lingering colds. But late afternoon we managed to find a spot in a true Irish bar and had a great time with friends.

Yesterday Eric left town for work, so I took up the celebration duties. I was kindly invited to a true Irish dinner last night at our friend's place: corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes, soda bread, and a Guinness. Yum! Today I donned my green t-shirt and wandered about our neighborhood, stopping in front of an Irish bar for a hour to listen to the tunes and people watch. Great day but also filled with sadness on both our parts due to missing Eric's main Irish woman - his mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment