
I still can't believe it. Probably because I'm in Illinois, and my only outlet is the internet, and constant game replaying conversations with my Dad, but thank god I dvr'd the game, postgame, pregame, anything to do with the National Championship game. I did not watch it Tuesday night because I was addicted to reading anything and everything Jayhawk on the internet. Tonight will be the big replay for me, and Eric gets to join in :)
So Monday day was spent deliberating what to do for the game. I was tired from the Denver trip due to our celebration on Saturday night, and Eric was out of town for work. I did not want to watch the game by myself, but wasn't in the mood to battle for a seat at one of the KU bars, but I really wanted to be with my fellow Hawks. I convinced Shannon Carey to come over so we could actually hear and see the game, with the stipulation that if we won, we were going out. I'm very surprised Keela did not pee on the living room floor with all our screaming in disbelief and excitement. In our haste to exit the house after the win and get to Lotties in Bucktown - owned by KU alum - I forgot my camera. Here's some pics with my camera phone....


The bar was a hoot and a holler. Jayhawk fans were up on the bar dancing, the fight song was on every third song, shots were flying around left and right, and fans kept showing up and showing up. The bar was more crowded when we left at 2am then when we got there! And it was a trip to see old friends - in a city where I know not to many folks, and seeing a familiar face from high school or college - I loved it! Shannon and I had a blast - and I would have not had our Championship evening be any different! Go Jayhawk Nation!
No comments:
Post a Comment