
Eric left for his "Thanksgiving" break on Saturday, the 17th and I met up with the Doust clan last Wednesday the 21st in Richmond, Virginia.
We stayed at his brother Scott and sis-in-law Cindy's and their three kids place in the suburbs. Eric's sister Julie and her daughter Makayla flew in from Las Vegas, and Eric's parents drove down from Upstate New York. And Cindy's parents drove down from the D.C. area.
I've never been to that area of the country, and it's beautiful! The amount of trees is amazing, and the Fall is the best time to go. The colors of the leaves were dramatic and amazing - and even though it's maple, oak, evergreen and pine trees, they are all so tall and statuesque. I sho do love myself a good tree or two :)
Thanksgiving day was grand - the food was wonderful and we ate a ton.
Friday afternoon Eric and I went on a little adventure (where the entire drive cut through more awesome trees - I think i have a minor obsession) east and south of Richmond to Colonial Williamsburg. It's such a cool town - home to the College of William and Mary. We tooled around the campus, walked and shopped around the village, and drove through the Historic area including Revolutionary City where you can be "living in 1774" and part of the real-time feel of Williamsburg during the years of the American Revolution. Just a place for Cassie to go on her next vacation with her love of history and all. I did see a lot of sheep in one field in the middle of the "colony." I wonder if one gets to make their own sweater.... Anyhow then we traveled back to watch the Delaware Blue Hens take on Delaware State in the Division 1 Football playoffs. The fightin chickens won and head to Northern Iowa for the Quarterfinals. At least one of our teams won this weekend...Saturday night was depressing.
It was great spending time with the fam, and playing with the kiddos. They are a hoot. And they grow up so fast. We had a great time and sad it ended so quickly.

Natalie's birthday is in December, but she wanted to celebrate with everyone around. Here is the big birthday party!!
Getting ready for the Thanksgiving fest!

Makayla and Natalie ready for some "chicken!"

Nap time after the big meal with Pa and Cheyne.

Red wine time for Uncle Eric while Lil' Eric enjoys some kids television.

Even Gunner likes to take naps.

Merchant Square in Colonial Williamsburg

Looking back towards the William and Mary College.

HUGS!



No comments:
Post a Comment