Monday, May 14, 2007

The "other" Chicago baseball team



So we hit the U.S. Cellular Field on Sunday to watch the Kansas City Royals take on the Chicago White Sox on the south side..... and boy it was interesting. The Royals spanked the Sox 11-1, and the "southies" were not happy. It's a different crowd to say the least. I've never seen so many adults wearing sweat pants.... and trashy baseball gear... and beer. Yes wearing the beer they bought, the drunkies. A little girl sitting behind us was wondering aloud what was going on when the umpires were gathering for a mid-field discussion. "What are they doing? Fighting??? I love it when they fight." That pretty much sums up a Sox fan.


1 comment:

redhairedgirl said...

That is why I am so glad, despite growing up close to Comiskey Park (since that's what it was then, the old one), I am a Cubs fan!

Remembering Our Keela

Remembering Our Keela