Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What Was Your Favorite Part/Thing?

The question that needs to be asked after every vacation, according to a darling friend.  Well, there were too many fun parts and things that Eric and I did on this trip to the Northwest, and I took so many pics, that I decided to do a slide show as a show and tell. 

We have never been to this part of the country, so that was the motivating factor when we decided to scoot out of Chicago.  We both fell in love.  The countryside is so green and lush, the cities are so fun, and the food is so so delicious.  Being in the Midwest definitely doesn't bode well for fresh fish,which we ate every day, and the amount of yummy, fresh fruits and veggies available is staggering.  I would have a house filled with flowers, as those huge bouquets are only $10.  We spent lots of time in markets because the weather was not great.  Lots of fog and rain and overall chill, so all the mountain views we were expecting from the cities didn't pan out.  The Sea to Sky highway from Vancouver to Whistler was great, but that dumb fog wouldn't skedaddle out of there. 

Some random notes:

  • Breakfast at the Elbow Room in Vancouver was hilarious.  Great food and a huge amount.  If you don't clean your plate, they demand you donate change or cash to a local AIDS/HIV charity.  Must go for the hilarious chatter.

  • Seattle loves neon signs.  Seattle was very cool.

  • 30th floor hotel room in Vancouver overlooked Lord Stanley Park (yep same Stanley for the Stanley Cup) and the water and some mountains.  That was our weather/fog gauge.

  • Bald eagles are very cool.  And so are black bears.

  • The Japadog stand was on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations Vancouver show.  Yes we take his recommendations very seriously.

  • The Peak 2 Peak gondola was so trippy and fun.  It felt like you were flying in a space pod.  I loved it.  But I can see how some people are freaked out.

  • The feeling of dropping 20 stories and 2000 ft on a zip line is like nothing else.

Thanks for watching!


Vacation from Emily Morrison on Vimeo.












Music:  Buildings and Mountains by The Republic Tigers, I Don't Know by Lisa Hannigan, and Life in Technicolor ii by Coldplay

2 comments:

Katie Strahan said...

Great video Moe!

Cassie said...

I love this video! I think:
a. You could be a couple of North Face models
b. I want to go on vacation, with you two of course.
c. I want to run out and purchase your camera now.
d. I think you could make a career of your photography skills.
e. That is one, damn fine looking couple.

Remembering Our Keela

Remembering Our Keela